- - Residential
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Up to $13.00
- Full Time
- See the following link for benefit information - http://www.yocinc.org/careers/employee-benefits-package/
Title: SKILL BUILDER
Supervisor: Cottage Manager/Team Leader
Qualifications: An Associate or Bachelor degree and/or 2.5 years of behavioral health experience meeting minimum competency standards.
Must be able to demonstrate awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic differences of our clients as well as values a nurturing family as the ideal environment; a commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change; the ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence by maintaining a helping role and appropriately intervening to meet service goals; the ability to set appropriate limits.
- Maintains a consistent work schedule, demonstrating professional responsibility and accountability in the areas of attendance, appropriate dress and performance.
- Maintains a minimum of 20 (full time) or 10 (part time) billable hours per work week conducting skillbuilding with assigned residents.
- Provides consistent weekly individual or group skillbuilding sessions with residents they are assigned.
- Completes required documentation, such as case notes, treatment plans, etc., in accordance with all established timelines.
- Seeks out resources to provide the most effective tools and methods for addressing and setting behavioral goals during skillbuilding sessions.
- Maintains consistent, professional communication with parents or guardians of residents in our care.
- Meets consistently with assigned Meridian supervisor(s) to address programmatic/clinical issues that impact the skillbuilding services of residents in their care. Works collaboratively to resolve issues and pursue effective treatment.
- Attends and professionally participates in any identified treatment team meetings. Provides objective information to the treatment team for necessary planning.
- Provides consistent updates and progress to the counselors on skillbuilding for inclusion in monthly treatment plan updates.
- Holds ultimate responsibility for the completion of the residents' skillbuilding hours. The skillbuilder will ensure skillbuilding activities are appropriate for each resident and the program milieu.
- Maintains and actively participates in professional development. Demonstrates a willingness to grow and develop in skillbuilding practice.
- Attends and actively participates in all individual and group supervisions required. Regularly communicates any resident problems to the designated supervisor(s). Actively prepares for case presentations.
- Serves as a liaison between the Youth Opportunity Center and the public, communicating our policies in response to questions or concerns.
- Assists in gathering information regarding outcome measures and quality assurance.
- Follows and adheres to all policies and procedures established for non-exempt employees.
- Provides safety, supervision, and structure as needed in the milieu and throughout the daily schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.