Full and Part-time LPN's
- - Support w/Contact
- Muncie, IN, USA
- $18 - $23
- Full Time and Part Time
- Doctor's Office setting
Title: LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Full-time: Mon - Fri (12p - 9p)
Part-time: Flexible Scheduling, with weekend opportunities
Full-time benefits include Holidays and weekends off
Qualifications: LPN required with experience working in a physician's office. YOC's setting is similar to that of a Doctor's office.
Must be able to demonstrate awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic differences of our clients as well as values a nurturing family as the ideal environment; a commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change; the ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence by maintaining a helping role and appropriately intervening to meet service goals; the ability to set appropriate limits.
- Assists the Medical Services Coordinator with medical services, schedules and records physician/psychiatrist appointments, and manages the clinic for residents as required by state regulations.
- Provides nursing services to residents as needed and under the direction of Medical Services Coordinator and the Youth Opportunity Center policies and procedures
- Assists the Medical Services Coordinator to ensure health records are maintained in a confidential manner in accordance with governing regulations. This includes, but not limited to initial, periodic health, dental, psychotropic medications, immunizations and optical examinations.
- Records all observations and incidents, including accidents, injuries, or any other condition which may be associated with health conditions or possible abuse or neglect
- Ensures proper follow-through by the program personnel regarding medical issues, ordering of medications, plans of care, development of procedures etc. Monitors and trains as needed
- Works with the contract pharmacy to ensure timely and accurate ordering of medications. This includes assisting with prior authorizations with the pharmacy, and review of generic medication information to assist with the billing process.
- Adheres to the current medication policy to ensure safe, efficient, and accurate methods of obtaining, preparing, administering, documenting, and disposing of medications in coordination with the Youth Opportunity Center policies and procedures
- Maintains clinic hour and participates in an on-call rotation to meet the medical needs of residents. Provides direction to program personnel in the course of action needed which may include a referral for off-site medical treatment.
- Maintains database for all medical records on campus and inputs all required information into the client software system.
- To conduct initial medical assessments within one (1) business day and will ensure physical examinations are conducted within five (5) business days on all residents.
- Assist with the Medical Services Training for all direct care staff on campus as directed by the Medical Services Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned