- - CSEC
- New Castle, IN, USA
- Full Time
- See the following link for benefit information - http://www.yocinc.org/careers/employee-benefits-package/
More than a beautiful 75 acre campus, and beyond an accredited program or diplomas on office walls, the YOC is about people helping people. Not just in small ways, but in life changing ways. Since the early 90s, the YOC has provided a safe place for troubled children and families. Now, almost two decades later, hundreds of individuals have been helped by the hundreds of YOC staff members who dedicate themselves each day to making a difference in a child's life. How does this happen? At the YOC, everyone brings their talents and gifts to the table, whether it's a winning smile, broad shoulders, strong backbone, helping hands or a heart for kids. We all know and believe in the mission of the YOC. And everyone has personally accepted the challenge to help those who are in crisis situations get back on their feet. A difficult task, but it can be accomplished together. Because if we can help save a child, then why couldn't that child save the family, the neighborhood, the community, the world.
The Transportation Driver is a key role in the function of the day-to-day operations of YOC's residential treatment programs. Responsibilities include transporting residents and their families to and from YOC campus for various appointments which can include but is not limited to counseling sessions, visitations, medical appointments, and campus activities. Transportation Drivers must adhere to YOC policies and procedures for operating a company vehicle and obey all traffic laws. The Transportation Driver must also possess the ability to pass a physical test administered by the Department of Transportation.
PRIMARY JOB EXPECTATIONS
1. Transporting Clients and Families
• Adhere to all traffic laws and YOC policies while demonstrating safe driving
• Efficiently transport clients to appropriate locations while using effective routes, following the direction provided by the Transportation Coordinator or Supervisor on Duty
• Maintains appropriate boundaries and demonstrates professionalism/courtesy while transporting all passengers
• Maintains cleanliness of the vehicles
2. Administrative Responsibilities
• Completes daily documentation of runs and weekly inspection checklists for all vehicles
• Fills in for receptionist as needed
• Ensures vehicle checks are conducted and documented prior to runs and on a weekly basis
3. Organizational Engagement
• Ensures all necessary documentation (medical paperwork, visitation, incident reports, etc.) is distributed appropriately
• Completes courier duties such as mail delivery and special pick-ups, needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
High School diploma or GED required. Possess a valid Public Passenger's Chauffer's license and have the ability to complete and pass the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles approved Safe Driving Course.
Must be able to demonstrate awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic differences of our clients as well as value a nurturing family as the ideal environment; a commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change; the ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence by maintaining a helping role and appropriately intervening to meet service goals; the ability to set appropriate limits.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS NEEDED
Excellent time management skills
Ability to take initiative and formulate a course of action to accomplish goals
Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and situations
Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people including a variety of internal and external constituents
Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
Must be able to prioritize and plan work to maximize efficiency
Typical work week for full time employees is 40 hours and will vary by need of the department and availability of the staff. Part time positions offer at least 16 hours per week. Transportation Drivers will have regular contact with the YOC program/clinical staff members, members of office administration, and YOC direct care staff members. Direct contact with YOC residents, their guardians, and any other clientele is a function of this position. Courtesy and professionalism are expected at all times.
This position includes a competitive hourly wage and a benefits plan is available for full time employees.