Youth Support Specialist
- - Residential
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Up to $12.25
- Full Time and Part Time
- See employee benefits page: http://www.yocinc.org/careers/employee-benefits-package/
Title: Youth Support Specialist
Supervisor: Cottage Manager
• Must be twenty-one (21) years of age of older with a bachelor's degree in one of the human services; or twenty-one (21) years or older with a high school diploma or equivalency with experience in child care.
• Upstanding citizen in the community
• Must pass a complete Criminal History Background Check
• Valid Driver's License
• Drug Free
• Must possess the appropriate character, attitude, and moral values to be a positive role model for the children in our care.
Must be able to demonstrate awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic differences of our clients as well as values a nurturing family as the ideal environment; a commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change; the ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence by maintaining a helping role and appropriately intervening to meet service goals; the ability to set appropriate limits.
- Actively engages with residents in their care and works to make positive connections with them. This includes treating the residents, visitors, and co-workers with respect at all times.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and care of the residents assigned to them.
- Has knowledge of Youth Opportunity Center policies, cottage rules, and treatment program and implements them on a consistent basis.
- Assists the counselor and cottage manager in the development and implementation of each resident's individual treatment plan.
- Provides appropriate crisis intervention during emergency situations.
- Provides timely and accurate documentation such as daily case notes, behavior documentation forms, positive point sheets, incident reports, restraint forms, , seclusion documentation, medication records, etc.
- Count and distribute clients' medications
- Monitors and assists residents with homework and assists with the supervision of on-grounds school/summer enrichment.
- Provides positive customer service to parents, families, placing agents, CASA's, and other identified customers.
- Coordinates and assists with transportation of residents to appointments or activities as assigned.
- Assists the Cottage Manager in the development and implementation of the daily schedule, planned activities, and recreation.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the cottage and ensures compliance with state regulations.
- This person has direct contact on a regular and continuing basis with children.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.