Detainee Direct Care Staff
- - Detention
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Up to $12.25
- Full Time and Part Time
- See employee benefits page: http://www.yocinc.org/careers/employee-benefits-package/
Title: DETAINEE DIRECT CARE STAFF
Supervisor: Team Leaders
Qualifications: Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to demonstrate awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic differences of our clients as well as values a nurturing family as the ideal environment; a commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change; the ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence by maintaining a helping role and appropriately intervening to meet service goals; the ability to set appropriate limits.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, secure, and structured environment for all detainees.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and care of detainees assigned to them. Maintains knowledge of the juveniles' locations at all times. Performs regular resident checks, as directed, to ensure safety.
- Has a full understanding of the Youth Opportunity Center policies and procedures, and the detention center program, rules, schedule, etc. and implements them on a consistent basis.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required by the Youth Opportunity Center
- Provides accurate and timely documentation; such as daily logs, incident reports, isolation reports, restraint forms, medication logs, daily point sheets, etc.
- Provides appropriate assistance during crisis situations. Makes referrals to the counselor and/or medical staff, when deemed necessary, per policies and procedures. Ensures all necessary notifications occur.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the juvenile detention center; which includes but is not limited to, detainee laundry, sweeping and mopping floors, recreation areas, classroom, etc
- Communicates regularly any concerns to the Team Leader and Juvenile Detention Director.
- Follows the appropriate procedures for all intakes, transfers, and discharges
- Adheres to all governing standards including.DOC, PbS, PREA and COA.
- Provides positive customer service to families, placing agents, courts, and other identified customers
- Completes secure transports of juveniles in a safe and efficient manner. Obeys all traffic laws and adheres to all applicable Youth Opportunity Center policies and procedures.
- Counts and administers medication as prescribed by the licensed physician and according to the medication administration guidelines.
- Completes other additional duties as assigned
- This person has direct contact on a regular and continuing basis with children.