Night Watch Utility Staff
- - Residential
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Up to 11.75
- Full Time and Part Time
- Benefits for Full-time employees: http://www.yocinc.org/careers/employee-benefits-package/
Title: NIGHTWATCH UTILITY
Supervisor: Night Shift Supervisor
Qualifications: Must be twenty-one (21) years of age of older with a school diploma or equivalency.
Must be able to demonstrate awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic differences of our clients as well as values a nurturing family as the ideal environment; a commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change; the ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence by maintaining a helping role and appropriately intervening to meet service goals; the ability to set appropriate limits.
- Checks and provides detailed documentation on the residents at least every 15 minutes.
- Monitors residents appropriately who are on suicide watch.
- Completes cottage maintenance when assigned (laundry, general cleaning, etc.) and ensures compliance with state regulations.
- Completes assigned paperwork (nightwatch logs, case notes, incident reports, time-out, restraint, etc.) accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Appropriately handles emergency and crisis situations (runaway, disruptive resident, etc.) and follows-up with the necessary documentation.
- Knowledge and consistent implementation of cottage rules and treatment program. Participates as part of the team.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing to other shifts any problems or concerns to be noted.
- Maintains an awareness of their own limitations and frustration level and responds appropriately when tolerance level is tested.
- Maintains knowledge and consistently implements Youth Opportunity Center policies and procedures.
- Attends and actively participates at staff meetings, training, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed or as assigned.